February Mama

Monday, June 19, 2006

And heeeeeeeeere's MORNING SICKNESS



So this morning it seemed like an alien had taken over my body overnight. My body looked different in the bathroom mirror. I just felt strange in a way I can't really describe. And then, when I went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast, my stomach just turned over. The alien in my belly said there was no way I was eating anything. Still, baby needs to eat. So I poured myself a little bowl of cereal, cut up an apple, and got out a yogurt. Only after taking several deep breaths was I able to eat half the apple, about 4 bites of the cereal, and all of the yogurt. I also took my prenatal vitamins, a calcium supplement, and a little bit of water. I had to get completely out of the kitchen in order for the feeling to subside. And it has been back, every time I am about to eat anything.

This is terrifying for me in some ways because I HATE throwing up. I have only thrown up a few times in my life, and I hated it. One time, about 3 years ago, I threw up in public, in the hallway of the English building at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. It was so humiliating. So far, I consider it a victory that I have not yet thrown up. But this is only really the first day of the battle. From what I hear, throwing up while pregnant is not like throwing up after eating bad Chinese food: you don't feel better after you've emptied the contents of your stomach.

On the other hand, morning sickness is a good sign. It means everything is progressing normally. So, I will take deep breaths, try to continue to eat, and rejoice that it is all going the way it is supposed to.

1 Comments:

  • February Mama, this is a great site. You write very well about what's happening in your life. Keep it up!

    By Blogger the shadow waters, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home